Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Cruise 2011

our towel buddies/ San Juan



St Thomas paddle boarding!


Megans Bay

Atlantis The Barrow Family San Juan

We went on a cruise to the Caribbean April 1-9, 2011 we had 14 people with us our family of 6, the Dunn's family of 5, my mom and Ned, and Danny's mom Joyce. This was the first cruise for my younger 2 kids and Jeff and all of the Dunn kids, my mom, Ned, and Joyce, let's just say everyone loved it and we are all planning to do another one!

This had to be one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation that I personally have ever taken! The kids all hung out with their cousins and had a blast all week, they could eat when they wanted, we had amazing room stewards that cleaned up after them, and an awesome waiter at dinner that brought us a few extra appetizers, entree', and desserts. I thought I would come home and gained 20 pounds, thankfully that didn't happen!

Our cruise went to Nassau, Bahamas, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Nassau we went to Atlantis the resort/hotel is amazing and fun with lots of water slides and different things for the kids to do, a very pretty island but didn't get enough time to really enjoy the island, our next stop was St Thomas and island I have always loved we went to beach in Megan's bay and hung out at the beach, paddle boarded, and the girls got their hair braided, then off to San Juan, we spent the day going to the old fort El Morro and shopping, found some great shops, a very cool butterfly shop that had some gorgeous framed butterflies, then some of my favorite shops (coach, dooney, just to name a few) so I enjoyed this a lot! and we then set sail for Grand Turk the capital of Turks and Cacaos we had never visited this island and I must say it is one of the most beautiful islands that I have ever been to, snorkeling was amazing, the beaches whiter than I had ever seen!

This was truly a vacation I will never forget and can not thank all the family that I spent the week with for making it even more enjoyable! I unfortunately don't have many pictures as the memory card from the camera fell out and is lost...... but I did have a few from my phone thankfully!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my word Joscie! I read that last sentence and gasped! How heartbreaking to lose all those pictures of such an amazing trip! Hooray for camera phones! It looks like a wonderful time!

Elgie said...

YIPEE! Looks like an absolute blast!!!!

Ashcraft Family said...

You went right before Joe and I. We never have done a cruise and we did Eastern Carribean. Needless to say, we are going back next year! So glad you guys had such awesome fun and traveling!