Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What have I gotten myself into?

This story started about 10 months ago during Kenzie's sophmore year, we got talking about how she will be starting college classes this summer 2011 so that when she graduates from high school she will also graduate from SLCC with her associate degree/general education and go right into her Bachelors.... I got thinking I really should go and finish my degree. Now this gets fun in September of last year I went and got a copy of my credits and what I needed, why did no one ever tell me that if you don't finish you Math, English and some science credits in 2 years you have to start over? That is what I have done I figured I can do this, I have lots of free time.... eye roll.... but I have been doing it, I took all my placement tests and got started!

My first semester back in classes was Winter 2011 and what do I do start with Geology, Humanities, Markting.... I must admit I did great 2 A's and one A- that would be in Geology. I figured ok I am doing this for this Summer 2011 we have 3 more classes, Human Biology (hardest class for a mid 30's mom), English 1010, and a Business.... the grades this semester worry me well 2 of them don't but I am betting the Human Bio is not an A.... I start Fall 2011 classes at the end of August and will have a full schedule Math 1010, Englis 2010, English 1030, and Communications in Marketing, I know I will get these passed and move onto Spring 2012 where if I keep up I will graduate and start my bachelors!!!! I am so excited that I can see the end of this part of my degree!

I just sit and think what was I thinking! I have always believed to better yourself and make yourself more valuable to your employer a degree is important and I am constantly telling my kids how important school is and how much further in life you will go! But here is little me a full time mom, a full time employee, and now a full time student! Thankfully my kids are now older and have been very helpful for the most part, my house is not always clean but soon I can say I have finished part of my degree! Hopefully my kids will learn from my example and get their degrees!

3 comments:

The Asiedu Family said...

Tell me about it! My house is a disaster! Did you take human biology online? I'm taking that next semester and then I'm D.O.N.E with SLCC! YIPEE!

Barrow Family said...

Yes I have been doing it online!Thank goodness I have Kenz she really has saved me on this class, she loves science!

Smallmans said...

Congratulations! You give us all a great example. Best of luck to you in school.